KOREA DEC'15 : GYEONGBOKGONG, SAMGYETANG, 9 LEVEL SEAFOOD

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Here is my second post on my Seoul trip ! This was Day 2. Woke up slightly late, rushed our breakfast at the hotel a little before heading down to Gyeongbokgong Palace for some good old sight seeing ! I have always loved to watch shows from this era and am always amazed by their histories and architectures.


Gyeongbokgong (경복궁)


















Was really happy that we managed to clock this location in this trip. Have always been a fan of historical places. I might even want to come back again on my next trip !



Tosokchon Samgyetang (토속촌 삼계탕)



Samgyetang is super popular in Korea and is known for it's amazing health benefits all packed into a bowl of soup ! Not to mention a hot bowl of soup is perfect for us in the cold weather ! I heard lots of raves about Tosokchon Samgyetang. But it is still a touristy restaurant after all so I was quite skeptical about the reviews I heard. But to be honest, it was not FANTASTIC good, I am sure there are even better ones in Seoul, just that we did not know about it. But overall, it was good. Much better than the ones I had in Singapore. It is the best ginseng chicken soup I have had so far. I love how soft the chicken is and how fragrant the ginseng and soup taste.

Tosokchon Samgyetang (토속촌 삼계탕)
5, Jahamun-ro 5-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
Gyeongbokgung Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 2


Next stop, Insadong.

It got a little too cold through our walks so we decided to seek some shelter in a cafe. Seoul has cafes everywhere and most of them are pretty decent. Even if you miss, it won't make you go EWWWK. But guess where the two of us ended up at ?



Sulbing (설빙)


Hung around at Insadong for abit before we headed to Bongcheon for 9 layers of steamed seafood.







We did not order 9 layers cause we were still full from the Ginseng Chicken we had in the afternoon. We took the 4 layers one instead and they mixed the seafood so that we still get the same variety as those who order 9 layers. I really hope I can gather enough people for my next trip so we can try out the 9 layers one. The kick should be different from just having 4 layers.


Nine-layer steamed shells (9단조개찜)
924-40, Bongcheon-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Korea
Bongcheon (奉天站) subway station (Line 2), Exit 6

Read the rest of my Korea'15 travelogues below

SEOUL DEC'15 : NAMSAN TOWER, MYEONGDONG

Post a Comment